ANCHOR'S AWAY!





Last April, I was lucky enough to get hold of a Bridgestone Anchor UC-9 touring bicycle. It was equipped with a decent, but rather worn out Shimano Sora 3400 3x9 groupset, mismatched Tektro cantilever brakes and 700c x 32 hybrid tires. With some tinkering done by the sages at John Wilkie, I was able to resurrect the bike and have it running decently. However, I had this nagging voice in my head telling me to bring the bike up another notch. Something in the area of… gravel.

Say whaaa?

Yep, a hybrid-touring/gravel bike, or something in that configuration. I had the basic foundations – a chromoly frame with a relaxed geometry, bosses for cantilever brake bosses, and tire clearance that can accommodate 35+mm tires. So maybe, just maybe this little experiment might work.

Keep you guys posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kyun, Kyun, Watashi no kare wa, Pilot-o!

Drama-rama sa Hapon!